Monday, October 20, 2014

Time

24 hours.

1,440 minutes.

86,400 seconds.

Yet I still don't feel like I have enough time in a day.

I've been in a slump lately where I feel as if I can't accomplish all of the activities I would like to.

Don't get me wrong, I know have a lot on my plate. Juggling homework, studying, family bonding, hanging with friends, playing soccer, writing for The Chronicle, being sophomore class president... the list goes on.

But I know the real reasons behind my struggle for more time are two things: procrastination and laziness.

I get home from school and lull around the house for two hours when I could be getting a start on my homework. After I do begin, I take the constant "mini study breaks"--which are anything but mini.

I find myself on my phone checking texts, which leads to scrolling through Instagram and Twitter, then replying to Snapchats. Half an hour later I realize that I just wasted precious study time.

Time is valuable; it's a gift. If I am going to complain about not having enough time in a day, then I need to utilize every second of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment