Wednesday, June 17, 2015

La República Dominicana

To celebrate my sister Elise's graduation from Mason High School, my family flew south to the Dominican Republic from June 6-12. We stayed at an all inclusive resort in Punta Cana called the Grand Palladium. This was my second time out of the country and to the Dominican.

Having been born in Miami, Florida, I've always had an affinity for the beach life. It was spectacular to swim and snorkel in the crystal blue ocean water and feel the soft powder sand between my toes. I loved looking up and seeing the massive palm trees tower above me. It felt like home.

I was given the opportunity to practice my Spanish as well. Most of the resort workers spoke little English, so it was fun to practice the language I've been learning in school for the past four years.

While it may sound silly, the highlight of my trip was getting to hold a five month old capuchin monkey named Mia. Monkeys have always been my favorite animal (I have about 30 sock monkeys nestled in a chair in my bedroom) so getting the chance to hold and play with one was a real treat.

Overall, the trip was unforgettable. I would like to thank my parents, Daryl and Kathleen, for allowing me to go. Now check out some multimedia from my trip!














No comments:

Post a Comment