Saturday, January 2, 2016

Digital Image Design Projects

 This past semester I had the opportunity to learn how to use Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop in Digital Image Design class.

In our first project, we learned the art of logo making by studying well known logos in our society. Then I began sketching a series of logos to try and represent myself. Ultimately, the one I chose to create was an elephant made out of my initials--JD. I thought this would be a nice way to add a personal piece of myself to the animal. Elephants represent serenity and strength. Once I had decided what I wanted to make, I had to use French Curve tools to draw two; one drawn in in black and white and one in color. Then I scanned it and made it digitally on Adobe Illustrator. Since I liked the final project, I decided to make it the icon for this blog page.


Next, we explored Adobe Photoshop by creating silhouette collages to represent ourselves. My silhouette collage has a lot of symbolism within it. The fire in my head represents the passion I bring to life. The bird and sky represent how I'm still trying to find myself and who I am. The wall depicting Mason High School shows how I'm passionate about my high school and where I live. The flower and sunset symbolize my positive attitude. My boxer, Comet, shows my love of all creatures.

The next two mini projects we had tested our Photoshop abilities. I decided to do a pig for my animal photoshop extravaganza mainly because there is a breed of small pigs called Juliana pigs. (If you don't believe me, Google it) So in homage to the Juliana pig, I made the Juliana/pig hybrid.

 This mini project embodies one of my favorite hobbies--soccer. Initially, when I was brainstorming what image to photoshop, I thought I could do a photo showing my love for journalism, But ultimately I decided an action shot would be better, so my mom and I had a photo shoot in our front yard in order to achieve the perfect action shot. Then I followed the 'Show Me the Light' tutorial to create it on Adobe Photoshop.

The final project of the semester tested our ability to create packaging for a product of our choice, designed for a specific audience. The intended audience of our sunglasses, Bright Eyes™, is female teenagers to young adults. We wanted to create a product that would be girly, but not overly done. We achieved this by not using stereotypical girl colors--like pink and purple--but instead we used a muted blue color. We tried to clearly show what our product was and the style of it by making our logo a cute pair of sunglasses. We used a common girly pattern, chevron, as a background behind the title. The font we selected is twisty cursive, which gives it a girly vibe. Our slogan “Be the best you can be, See the best you can see” really suits our audience. Teenage girls often struggle with finding who they are, so this little motivational message is fitting. Overall, all of the choices we made were suited for a teenage to twenty-something year old girl.

If you would like to check out the creative process behind these works, please visit my Behance profile: https://www.behance.net/discherj 

No comments:

Post a Comment