Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Venkatarao breaks four records for Rubik's Cube Solving

 


With fingers flying and algorithms meticulously memorized, junior Sreeram Venkatarao solved his way to the top.
Venkatarao broke national and continental records for blind Rubik’s Cube solving this past weekend at the Dixon Winter competition.
“There were four individual records that I broke,” Venkatarao said. “I not only broke the U.S. National Record, but also the North American Continental record, which includes the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Central America. This was for solving the 3x3x3 Rubik’s Cube blindfolded. On top of that, I also broke the U.S and North American Continental records for the 3x3 Blindsolving Average category. The average of my times was a 26.73 which was the best recorded time ever in the United States and North America.”
Venkatarao is currently ranked first in the United States and first in the continent for both single solve time and average time of three solves.
“Regarding average time for the 3x3x3 blindfolded solve, I’m ranked first in the US, first in the continent, and fourth in the world,” Venkatarao said. “For a single solve, my best time was a 25.19 which places me at first in the United States, first in the continent, and seventh in the world.”
Despite the busy schedule high school demands, Venkatarao said he still manages to practice his passion daily.
“This has taken a lot of long term prep; I’ve been doing it for eight years and blindsolving for seven years,” Venkatarao said. “It’s been consistent practicing. Junior year is busy, so I try to do at least twenty solves a day because that’s still adequate prep for me.”
Venkatarao said he is ecstatic about his accomplishment but knows there is more to come from him.
“After I got it, I was very happy,” Venkatarao said. “I’ve worked so hard and I’ve finally gotten to the top."
See the Full Story: http://thecspn.com/?p=35353

No comments:

Post a Comment