Sunday, August 28, 2016

Star Wars Party in AP Lit

"Saber the Flavor"
My character was a combination of a young Anakin Skywalker and Mace Windu!
I wore a collector's item helmet and grasped a purple light saber.
 I also had my classic 'Empire Strikes Back' Star Wars shirt
Each pretzel was coated in melted white chocolate, colored with food dye.
Colored sprinkles gave them a sparkle.  
I chose the classic light saber colors. AP Lit students
could choose to be characters like Yoda, Luke Skywalker, or Darth Vader. 
My R2-D2 socks
AP English Literature Bell 1

May the 24th be with you

I've always been a fan of Star Wars. During kindergarten, one of my fondest memories was going to see "Episode III- Revenge of the Sith" at a drive-in movie theater. In second grade, I had a Star Wars themed birthday party. I remember playing "pin the tail on the Yoda". As a tween, my siblings and I bonded over playing the video game "Star Wars Battlefront" on the PS4.  This past winter break my whole family got together and marveled over "The Force Awakens".

AP English Literature students gathered together on May 24th to put on a thrilling Star Wars bash. My teacher, Ms. Wilson graced us with some remixed Star Wars music. I'm a big fan of the John Williams' music--sometimes when I am studying I will listen to the soundtrack. My favorite song to jam out to is the Cantina Song

For my Star Wars themed dish, I made light saber pretzels. I dipped pretzel sticks in melted white chocolate, added color dye, and covered them in sprinkles. I decorate my "Hans" Red Solo Cups with a series of puns. Including "Mrs. Wilson Yoda Best", "Saber my puns", and "Once a pun a time in a galaxy far, far away". I wore R2-D2 socks, an "Empire Strikes Back" t-shirt, an Anakin Skywalker helmet, and held a purple light saber.

I'm grateful we had an opportunity to have fun while learning. Not every class allows you to have a party based on a popular and class movie series.

No comments:

Post a Comment