Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Merry Chronsmas!

The Chronicle has been one of my absolute favorite things to take part in during high school. I devote so much time and energy into this organization. Writing stories for the paper, covering stories for The CSPN, running the Instagram; I always find my time consumed by one of these. I am constantly thinking and talking about The Chronicle and ideas I have to make it better. One of my favorite parts about it though is the group of incredibly bright, kind, and quirky individuals on staff.

Over Thanksgiving break, I found myself reflecting on some of the people I'm grateful for. I wanted to show the staff how much I appreciate our friendships in a handmade, homey fashion.

One of my favorite parts of Christmas is putting ornaments on the tree. I love that the ornaments on my tree reflect memories and special likes and interests. I enjoy buying ornaments for people, but this year I wanted to make it more personal by making an ornament for everyone on staff. I stocked up on "Shrinky Dink" craft paper and spent over six hours drawing, coloring, and hooking all the ornaments.

Here is a look at all the ornaments before and after shrinking.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment